Monday 17 January 2011

'I would fly' Cynotia band artwork

Around 5 or 6 years ago, I made a pact with a friend. She dreamt of being a musician and I an artist. She promised me, if she ever needed artwork for her EP she would come to me for help. I said I would help.

Here I am today, not really an artist, lol, but still enjoying art, and she is in an unsigned band called 'Cynotia' studying hard. As promised, she asked me for some drawings her and her fellow band members could work with for their upcoming EP. I was more than happy to oblige.

The EP title is 'I would fly'. I was told they wanted something with a young child dreaming of flying, something quite straight forward and simple on that theme.
Below is my final image, though the band have also been given extra text, clouds and bird drawings and they will be editing them themselves as designs for their desired merchandise.


(please click to view full size)


The original image was changed as it had a far too depressing feeling to it. (image below) In this image the child was like a caged bird, sad and wanting to be free. This was a little too 'dark' for the songs the band play and so I changed the cage to a swing set, and the childs face was changed. I'm glad it was changed, the second and final image is much less oppressing!


(please click to view full size)

So a huge thank you to my Friend Liv and her band members for being patient with me :) best of luck to them and I can't wait to see what they do with it! :D


In other News....
I shall be taking part in an Exhibition in the 'East Gallery' in Brick Lane London in June this year! :D
I will be exhibiting along with some amazing ex-classmates and friends of mine.
More to come about that in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment